Prenatal breastfeeding education is an often overlooked, but highly important step in preparing for your new baby. A lot of new mothers in the U.S realize when they first hold their babies that they have never been around another breastfeeding mother. Like other milestones in our lives, we learn by seeing, understanding and then doing things ourselves. And it's always nice to have a helping hand. Come learn all about breastfeeding in a warm, open environment with other Mamas to be. With an interactive style, this class will give you all the tips and evidence based information you need to have a successful and enjoyable nursing relationship.
- The impacts of birth and interventions on breastfeeding
- Skin to skin and The Golden first hour
- Latching on and positioning
- Common myths
- Troubleshooting common issues
- Managing your milk supply
- Nutrition and supplements for the nursing mother
- Pumping and storage guidelines
- Local resources
*The class is recommended 2-3 months prior to your due date. Partners are highly encouraged to come.