Individualized Childbirth Preparation & 4th Trimester Workshop
Birth is a powerful event in your life as a mother and new family. This comprehensive class will help to prepare expecting parents with mother-centered information. We individualize the class for each mother based on their pregnancy and birth goals, where they plan to give birth, their level of support, any medical/trauma history, feeding goals and home life. The last hours of class include our 4th Trimester workshop information to prepare for the first 12 weeks with your newborn.
Timing: Class begins at 9:30-3:30 with a break for lunch.
- Your rights as a childbearing woman
- Your anatomy and body’s design for birth
- Signs and stages of labor
- Purpose of contractions and the power of hormones
- Comfort measures, coping skills, relaxation tools
- Options, and choices for all stages of birth
- All the ways to meet your baby: natural, medicated birth, VBAC, Mother-Baby Friendly Cesarean
- Medical procedures and interventions- benefits and risks
- Important role of your birth team, setting and care providers
- Breastfeeding, and skin to skin bonding --the first hour with your baby
- Newborn procedures and first days with your baby
The 4th Trimester- What to expect your first 12 weeks together as a family
This interactive workshop is designed with hands-on strategies to help build your confidence in the "new normal" post birth--newborn care, bonding and soothing, breastfeeding and pumping, physical and emotional changes, sleep, baby wearing, and maternity leave/ transition to work.
Be prepared and connect with others in the same exciting but challenging stage of parenthood.
Details: Workshop is for pregnant mother and one labor support person or partner. Wear comfortable clothing and bring water bottle/ snacks. Snacks provided and lunch break @ 1 pm. Workbook and materials provided.
Recommended in 5-8th month of pregnancy
Instructor: Holly Flanagan, a birth doula and postpartum educator trained with Birthing Gently, Birth Arts International, BACE and Dona International. www.growbirth.com