Individualized Childbirth Preparation & 4th Trimester Workshop
Birth is a powerful event in your life as a mother and new family. This comprehensive class will help to prepare expecting parents with mother-centered information. We individualize the class for each mother based on their birth goals, pregnancy and goals. The last hours of class include our 4th Trimester workshop information to prepare for the first 12 weeks with your newborn.
When: September 30th @ 9:30 with a break for lunch.
- Your rights as a childbearing woman
- Your anatomy and body’s design for birth
- Signs and stages of labor
- Purpose of contractions and the power of hormones
- Comfort measures, coping skills, relaxation tools
- Options, and choices for all stages of birth
- All the ways to meet your baby: natural, medicated birth, VBAC, Mother-Baby Friendly Cesarean
- Medical procedures and interventions- benefits and risks
- Important role of your birth team, setting and care providers
- Breastfeeding, and skin to skin bonding --the first hour with your baby
- Newborn procedures and first days with your baby
The 4th Trimester- What to expect your first 12 weeks together as a family
This interactive workshop is designed with hands-on strategies to help build your confidence in the "new normal" post birth--newborn care, bonding and soothing, breastfeeding and pumping, physical and emotional changes, sleep, baby wearing, and maternity leave/ transition to work.
Be prepared and connect with others in the same exciting but challenging stage of parenthood.
Details: Workshop is for pregnant mother and one labor support person or partner. Wear comfortable clothing and bring water bottle/ snacks. Snacks provided and lunch break @ 1 pm. Workbook and materials provided.
Recommended in 5-8th month of pregnancy
Instructor: Holly Flanagan, a birth doula and postpartum educator trained with Birthing Gently, Birth Arts International, BACE and Dona International. www.growbirth.com